IO ALLA FINE NON SO COSA SIA UNA BELLA FOTO.SO SOLO CHE VEDO COSE E LE DEVO FERMARE.E CHE A VOLTE HO QUALCOSA DA DIRE.ALTRE VOLTE, NO.


15.6.10

Reflections on mortality.

I watched "Hotel Rwanda" last night.
We all know about the ferocious genocide that happened there in 1994.
This film is set back then, featuring the story of a truly kind, loving man who risked his life to save over 1000 lives.
Amazing.
The savage, bloodthirsty hate of some is truly demonic, but at the same time the kindness and generosity of others lead one to believe that it is possible for humans to be good again, to see harmony among men again.
The elements are all there, we just need a little bit of extra help to get there.

I went to this graveyard a while back, I've already posted some photos of it, but I had a few more I wanted to turn Black and White.
These made me think of all the innocent, slaughtered people who were ruthlessly murdered for no reason in Rwanda and who never received a dignified burial.
Time presses on, we're busy with our own lives and how quickly we forget...

Sonnet 19
Devouring Time, blunt thou the lion's paws,
And make the earth devour her own sweet brood;
Pluck the keen teeth from the fierce tiger's jaws,
And burn the long-lived phoenix in her blood;
Make glad and sorry seasons as thou fleets,
And do whate'er thou wilt, swift-footed Time,
To the wide world and all her fading sweets;
But I forbid thee one most heinous crime:
O, carve not with thy hours my love's fair brow,
Nor draw no lines there with thine antique pen;
Him in thy course untainted do allow
For beauty's pattern to succeeding men.
Yet, do thy worst, old Time: despite thy wrong,
My love shall in my verse ever live young.























No comments:

Post a Comment