IO ALLA FINE NON SO COSA SIA UNA BELLA FOTO.SO SOLO CHE VEDO COSE E LE DEVO FERMARE.E CHE A VOLTE HO QUALCOSA DA DIRE.ALTRE VOLTE, NO.


13.3.11

The King's Speech.

I finally watched this film.
Unfortunately it was dubbed in Italian but I thought I shouldn't be too picky and miss the chance to see it on the big screen. I was right.
Of course the plot is highly interesting: a man who has a huge task set before him has to conquer his own personal demons and have strength to face them,to go on, and infuse confidence in the people around him.
But, what really struck me, was the beauty of the cinematography.
Every single shot could be a stunning photograph.
The framing was very pleasing to my eye: great wide angle shots that filled your eyes with the, at times royal, at times bohemian surroundings the characters stood in.
Prime lenses were used, great intimate shots of the actor's faces were constant.
The wall with the ripped wall paper captured my heart as it probably represented a bit the state of Bertie's mind.
The colors throughout the film were pleasantly sober: the pastel colors worn by the Queen, the dark, heavy panelling in some of the rooms, I felt as if I could smell that wood as well as the dust in the Doctor's studio.
Not to mention the dampness and stinging cold I was sure I could feel as the King was walking through the park, and the warmness and stillness of the carpeted rooms in the Palace.
I cannot wait to savour this movie in its original language now.

"Please don't do that.
I'm sorry?
I believe sucking smoke into your lungs will kill you.
My physicians say it relaxes the throat.
They're idiots.
They've all been knighted.
Makes it official then."


No comments:

Post a Comment