IO ALLA FINE NON SO COSA SIA UNA BELLA FOTO.SO SOLO CHE VEDO COSE E LE DEVO FERMARE.E CHE A VOLTE HO QUALCOSA DA DIRE.ALTRE VOLTE, NO.


23.8.10

Camping in Middle Earth.

So, I overcame my reluctance to camping and had a wonderful time doing just that on the Apennines Mountains with a bunch of friends!
Memories of an extremely hot summer camping on the Elba island, sleeping in tight and humid ridge tent traumatized me and made me vow never to camp again in my life.
17 years down the line, here's my lovely 6 year old begging me to go and camp so I gave in.
And I am so, so happy I did!
We rented a portion of woods, and my skillfull friends installed a shower and a toilet.
We spent the day exploring around, looking at all the different trees, flowers, bugs and rocks, snoozing in our tents and mushroom picking.
We had glorious meals around one huge table.
Spent whole evenings gathered around the campfire roasting corn, Parmesan skins, talking, singing (more or less in tune) and looking at the stars.
We slept like logs as the only sound we could hear was that of owls, hawks and foxes.
We drank water straight out of a spring and bathed in the stream.
I strongly believe that we were designed to live in such places.
Enjoying it was a revelation to me.
Here's the photos of the first few days.
More to follow, including misty mountains and woods that looked very much like Fangorn Forest!














































No comments:

Post a Comment