IO ALLA FINE NON SO COSA SIA UNA BELLA FOTO.SO SOLO CHE VEDO COSE E LE DEVO FERMARE.E CHE A VOLTE HO QUALCOSA DA DIRE.ALTRE VOLTE, NO.


14.7.10

Driving through Europe.

What a long drive that was! From South England to Italy.
843 Miles (about 1356 Kilometers)to be exact.
I love driving so it was not such a terrible strain. On the contrary, mostly completely enjoyable.
We stopped plenty of times for some of those delicious French Coffees and had a much needed night sleep in the ski resort of Chamonix at the foot of Mont Blanc which was just gorgeous. After a lovely French breakfast we were soon on our way to Italy.

We did have a tragi-comic moment when I thought that my break lights weren't working.
We stopped for lunch and decided to kit my car with all the awfully expensive gadgetry I had to buy on the boat (stickers for my British car, which is apparently rude in Europe, GB plate which didn't stick, a triangle a reflective vest and some spare light bulbs, all for £39.99!)That's when I thought I spotted a fault.
After frantically consulting the manual and calling on the help of some carefully selected charming French man (not really), who was actually useless (yes really), he suggested we'd go to the local Renault dealer to see what was happening.
So, we ended up driving in this lovely sleepy French village at siesta time, where yet another helpful man informed me that there was nothing wrong with my break lights, I was merely trying change the lightbulb of my fog lights which were indeed in perfect order! Feeling a bit ashamed but mainly relieved (I actually wanted to kiss the little frog), we drove back to the Motorway laughing our heads off!
We did put an extra couple of hours on the journey but there you go.
Better safe than sorry!

As pictures speak a thousand words (not sure about mine) here they are!



































No comments:

Post a Comment