IO ALLA FINE NON SO COSA SIA UNA BELLA FOTO.SO SOLO CHE VEDO COSE E LE DEVO FERMARE.E CHE A VOLTE HO QUALCOSA DA DIRE.ALTRE VOLTE, NO.


12.4.10

Sink.

I've been seeing these beautiful Art Deco taps for a few months. There's not been one occasion, while I've been brushing my teeth or washing my face that I haven't thought about how beautiful they are. The shiny brass, the fullness of it, the beautiful writing and the date on them make me think of all the hands that have used them before me in such different periods of the last century. What did those people think about as they were brushing their teeth back then? Possibly a lot of the things I think about today nearly a century later, and possibly very different more worrying things. I think that these taps are a bit like a window on the past. I'm so glad I get to see them as soon as I wake up and just before I go to sleep.

So.
Guess what? You probably know already.
I've just been told that those taps are new! Being massed produced right now.
I refuse to believe it.
I cling to my romantic notion of a world gone by brought about by their form and presence.
Silly I know.





No comments:

Post a Comment