IO ALLA FINE NON SO COSA SIA UNA BELLA FOTO.SO SOLO CHE VEDO COSE E LE DEVO FERMARE.E CHE A VOLTE HO QUALCOSA DA DIRE.ALTRE VOLTE, NO.


26.3.10

"Life and Times of Michael K" by J.M. Coetzee.

This wonderful book deals with the story of a simple soul. Judged and bullied by society Michael K, has instead very good, set ideas about how to live: taking each day as it comes, living off the land, and refusing all forms of violence and abuse. Such a sad, tragic story about how human beings can be cruel, cynical and unreasonable with each other, while others just want to eat "the bread of freedom". The prose is totally lucid, never prolix or emotional. Haunting and beautiful.
As reading this book reminded me of the passage in the Bible about "keeping a simple eye" and focusing on the most important things in life I include a photo my husband took. I think it's nice.

2 comments:

  1. oh nice! What aperture did you have this on? x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually don't know! This photo is no longer on my camera. I don't really know how it all works but I do know that my lens is a rubbish one 18-55mm just the standard my camera came with. So, often I get frustrated because I can't open or close the diaphragm as much as I would like. But the camera itself allows me to focus on only one point of the image rather than focusing everything evenly. I don't know what the name is. That's how Jonathan took this I think. I love this type of photos and would love to invest in a good lens. Anyway, don't you just hate it when you practice so much and then your husband comes along and accomplishes it so effortlessly?!

    ReplyDelete